Saturday, July 2, 2016

Joanna Lumley about Hamm in Absolutly Fabulous

Joanna got to follow up her snog with Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street by kissing Mad Men heartthrob Jon Hamm. Well, nearly...
She says: "How does he compare to Leonardo? Well, I didn’t quite get to kiss Hamm. As you’ll see in the movie, I get him, go in to kiss him but his face skids away, leaving a big trail of red lipstick across his face."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1346365/we-visit-set-of-new-ab-fab-movie
 
......Who ever thought that Janette Tough from Scottish comedy duo The Krankies would ever be sharing screen time with Jon Hamm from Mad Men?
"There was a great day after filming near the Prospect of Whitby pub on the banks of the Thames", says Saunders. "We all ended up having fish and chips in the pub, and there's a photograph of Kate [Moss] and John Hamm and Bruno Tonioli and Janette Krankie and Celia Imrie and Lulu. The staff remained completely calm, God bless them, as more and more people coming in... everybody in costume. It was terrific."
 
Jon Hamm also pops up. How sexy is he?
Jen: [almost whispering] Oh god... [looks wistful]
Jo: Oh please, it was in my contract that I'd have a scene with him and get to kiss him. I don't really get to kiss him but I obviously have a damn good go.
Jen: He just moves his face and she comes in.
Jo: It was the sweetest thing. I had lashings of lipstick on as Patsy and I had to attack him. He was amazing. Really lovely.
http://lifestyle.one/heat/entertainment/tv-movies/ab-fab-jennifer-saunders-joanna-lumley
Mad Men star Jon plays Joanna's love interest and his smooth facade had both women weak at the knees.
"When you have someone like Jon Hamm on the set it's not only me swooning, everybody is in bits," Joanna gushed to Britain's Closer magazine. "The make-up girls will go: 'Oh, I'm just rinsing the brushes!' to get closer to him."
"He's got a lot of charisma, but he's very quiet and low-maintenance," Jennifer added. "There is something about him, though. He's very well-groomed and he does scrub up well."

November 10, 2015
Leg of Jon Hamm: Jon Hamm's in today. No big deal. Just Jon Hamm. Mad Men Hamm. The Mad Hamm. JON BLOODY HAMM!! I have to admit that I have seen less of Mad Men than Game of Thrones but love him anyway. JON HAMM! Now, as cameos go, you’ve got to admit that’s a winner. Jon Hamm meet Kate Moss… It’s good, isn’t it?
No one is playing it particularly cool, I have to say (Becks Hale admits to having had to have a little lie down after his costume fitting). No one except Olive, that is. Olive is my whippet, and she is the only one who seems genuinely unphased by the star in her midst. At one point, she sniffs the Hamm’s leg rather disdainfully and moves on.
Moss and Hamm are a pretty intoxicating combination. There are so many people crowded around the monitor that it becomes a health-and-safety hazard. MOVE AWAY! NOTHING TO SEE HERE. Days like these I’m glad to have a front-row seat and have to go in and give notes.
Notes like, ‘Hey, you guys. Wanna go for a drink on wrap?’ Kate has wrapped by lunchtime and encourages a gang of us to the pub. Joanna, myself, Lulu, Gwen Christie, Baby Bunton, Bruno Tonioli, Celia Imrie, Janette Tough and the Hamm, of course. Damian Jones, our producer, is invited too. And so is his credit card.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/jennifer-saunders-ab-fab-diary-boozing-with-kate-moss
Asked who was her favourite star to gain a cameo in the show, the Wolf of Wall Street actress - who first shot to fame in '70s in the likes of Coronation Street and The New Avengers - said: 'The delicious Jon Hamm.
'And can I kindly thank Jennifer for writing in that tiny little scene involving him for me far too short between John and Patsy, where he remembers with shock that he’s encountered Patsy before. And, in fact, she may have behaved quite badly with him when he was just 15!'
But it also seems that the ever youthful and elegant Joanna managed to steal a quick kiss with the chiseled Mad Men star, adding wryly her favourite moment was a quick lip lock with Jon, with the star admitting: 'Mine was obviously kissing Jon Hamm.
'You don’t see it on screen because I had to go after him off screen and give him a bit of a kiss, is that so wrong?'
http://www.newsgrio.com/articles/310765-jennifer-saunders-and-joanna-lumley
You guys had tons of cameos in the film, like Gwendoline Christie and, of course, Jon Hamm. I was impressed you actually got him to joke about his penis size.
JS: You know, you’ve just revealed something that we have no idea about. Joanna Lumley: How did we reveal this? Tell us how, Anna.
JS: We said, "You were a very big 15." [In the film, there is a joke about a sexual encounter with a young Jon Hamm where he is described as "a very big 15," which this writer took to be a reference to his notoriously impressive penis.]
JL: Oh my God, I didn't understand that. I thought it meant that he was tall, that he looked like a grown-up boy.
JS: I know, I have to say, that's hilarious. We made the joke and we didn't even know.
JL: Oh my God. Is Jon pleased about this joke?
JS: Well, he heard it on the day.
JL: Well, he probably didn't think it was that, did he?
JS: Well, I didn't think it was that! How hilarious.
Maybe I misread it! But that's how I took it.
JS: He was such a joy. And he's so gorgeous. So gorgeous. We’re pushing for him to be the next James Bond, we've decided. We're gonna start saying it. What about Jon Hamm for James Bond, wouldn't he be good?
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/women-of-ab-fab-on-killing-kate-moss.html#
Joanna Lumley enjoyed getting close to Jon Hamm on Ab Fab set  
  
  
             https://uk.news.yahoo.com/joanna-lumley-hots-jon-hamm-095200419.html
"Joanna admits she had a bit of a crush on Jon Hamm...he's divine....the day he was on set I've never seen so many people who've never seen before....he's magnetic...."
Joanna also has another rather good suggestion for the role, her new co-star Jon Hamm. The Mad Men star plays one of Patsy's former lovers in the new film, who she seduced when he was just 15.
Joanna says: "He'd be fantastic. I've had a bit of a kiss and a feel of the body and it seems fine. He'd be up to it."
I ask if the rumours are true about his reputedly enormous endowment?
The pair of them fall about laughing before Jennifer admits: "We never knew the rumours and there's a joke in the movie that Patsy makes.
Joanna jumps in: "I say, 'You were a very big 15.' I didn't know what that was and people have gone, 'Ooo.'"
Jennifer adds: "We never knew this about Jon Hamm and someone said (to me) the other day, 'Oh, how embarrassing.'"
I sugest that most men are probably not too embarrassed about a rumour like this.
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/684588/Absolutely-Fabulous-Joanna-Lumley
The on-set highlight : " I got to kiss Jon Hamm. Of course, he tried to escap, but I got to him anyway."
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/07/joanna-lumley-absolutely-fabulous-movie

No comments:

Post a Comment