Saturday, July 16, 2016

January Jones about Jon Hamm

What do you really think of Jon Hamm?
I think he’s amazing. Very kind and generous, well read, very strong but easily vulnerable, very funny but also dark. My friend.
https://www.violetgrey.com/violet-files/cover-story/january-jones
Q: Which Betty phase have you enjoyed the most?
A: The moments when she was with Don and she was truly happy. Jon Hamm and I had a great friendship and chemistry, and those scenes whether Don and Betty were happy or not were just fun to do.
amc.com
That said, marriage and kids are "definitely" in her future. "Not to be cliché, but why do this if you don't have anyone to share it with?"
For now, Jones can go toe-to-toe with her seasoned co-stars. "Jon Hamm was teasing me the other day. He was like: 'I'm the youngest guy you've made out with in five years.' "She gives a wicked grin. "I think it just makes him feel better because he's nearly 40."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2011-02-10-jones09_CV_N.htm
What’s more, if January Jones spits, drinks and likes legalised assault, might Mad Men’s Mr Impeccable Don Draper have less ‘sophisticated’ habits, too? And by Don, I of course mean Jon Hamm, his non-fictional alter ego. I ask her what un-Don like habits Hamm has. Does he turn up unshaven in jogging bottoms?
“Of course.”
“He’s not impeccably maintained?”
“No, they do that for us in hair and make-up. We don’t come to the set looking like that. But yeah, he’s very cool, very laidback. He’s almost more cool in his sneakers and sweatsuits than when he is in a suit.”
Which scene last season was personally the most difficult for you to film?
The last scene in the kitchen with Jon [Hamm]. I was actually surprised with how emotional that was for me to do. For all of us, I think. For Matt Weiner [Mad Men’s creator] and Jon and I. Someone pointed out that we were outside of the stage stalling because we realized that no one wanted to go in there and shoot that scene. Because it meant that Don and Betty were really done. It was really sad for me. I guess I wasn’t expecting it—I didn’t realize how much I was rooting for them. I think it turned out really beautiful, though. I was more emotional in between takes than shooting it because Betty is supposed to be this font of strength, so it was pretty tough.
 
On whether or not Betty may ever reconnect with Don…
“Like a lot of audience members, I liked the idea of that relationship. And I loved working with Jon and acting out those sometimes very heated arguments or passionate moments. We work really well together, and so I liked that. But, I just don’t think that it’s realistic, and Matthew doesn’t think that it’s realistic. She would have been able to deal with infidelity and things like that, but finding out that he was someone else just ended it for her in her head.”
On the “Mad Men” character she relates to the most…
“Maybe Don. Just struggling with good and bad and, you know, there’s just something very human about him that I think we all can relate to. I think that’s why people are attracted to that character. You see someone with very human flaws, but tries to cover them up. Someone that is somewhat successful and yet that doesn’t make him happy. I just find that — I can understand some of that more than anything.”
http://zap2it.com/2013/04/mad-men-season-6-interview-january-jones-on-relating-to-don-draper
 
If you’re jealous of Mad Men’s January Jones because she gets to lock lips with hottie Jon Hamm on a regular basis, don’t be!
It’s not like real romantic or anything,” Jones insisted to us yesterday at Zuma event space in L.A.
 “If anything, we just kinda laugh it off...Those things are always odd to shoot, you know? There’s 40 people watching you. It’s very technical and choreographed.”
He’s a good man, he’s a wonderful friend of mine,” Jones said of her fellow Golden Globes-nominated costar. “He’s a very handsome, distinguished young man. He reminds me of an Old Hollywood, Cary Grant type of guy. He’s a good crush to have.”
“There was no Mad Men tie-in that we were ever planning,” Forte maintains to TVLine. “Frankly, I can’t believe it didn’t occur to me.”
... Jones, who tells TVLine she “died laughing” when Forte “whispered it to me” back in July at Comic-Con, adding, “I thought it was ingenious given our history together.”
Did she take any particular delight that, in the Last Man universe at least, Betty exacted the ultimate revenge against Don? “I didn’tbecause I thought we had such a beautiful ending to our story,” Jones admits. “I felt like there was closure. As Betty, I didn’t feel any anger towards Don. But I thought the fans would get a kick out of it. Thinking back to some of the stuff he did to Betty, maybe they’d see it as a little redemption.”
Jones describes shooting the top-secret sequence as disorienting. “It was surreal, to be honest,” she says. “I see Jon socially and we keep in touch, but it was very weird to see him on a [non-Mad Men] set — especially one that’s so modern — playing other characters. It was bizarre. But it was so much fun. He was such a good sport about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment