Saturday, July 16, 2016

Rafe Spall and Oona Chaplin about Hamm

                                              http://aboutactorjonhamm.blogspot.fr/
 Hamm called himself a "massive fan of the show since its inception", saying "its dark humor and intelligent observation of our society and values hooked me deeply as a viewer, and I’m honored that Charlie and the rest of the creative team have asked me to participate in wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.” 
 
What was it like working with Jon Hamm?
I’m a huge fan of his, I think he’s a tremendous actor. Not just his work in Mad Men, but also in some of the comedy films he’s done as well, like Bridesmaids and Friends with Kids. I think he’s an excellent actor, and that’s one of the reasons I wanted to do the film as well – besides the brilliant script – was to work with him. It was a real delight, and he’s a super guy and lots of fun.
Did you enjoy the shoot, and working with Oona and Rafe?
I did, I loved it. I didn’t work a tremendous amount with Oona, as will be made clear when people see the show. But I did work with Rafe, and I hung out with Rafe and his wife and had dinner. It was great. I’d only seen him on stage in New York, in Betrayal, with Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig. He was wonderful in it. I got a chance to meet him after the show and say as much, but that was the only time I’d met him. So it was great to get a chance to actually work with him and meet him and his lovely family.
                                                                                                                                              
  
What was it like working with Jon Hamm?
It was a real treat. I came to Mad Men quite late, so I’d actually just finished watching it when I got the call to go and work with him. That’s synchronicity if ever there was such a thing. He’s a really cool dude, he’s relaxed and confident and he listens, which makes for a fantastic working atmosphere. He’s intelligent, he likes to think about things in different ways. I learned a lot in the little time that we did work together.
http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/oona-chaplin-interview-for-black-mirror
  

No comments:

Post a Comment