Saturday, July 16, 2016

Bryan Batt about Jon Hamm

Batt also spoke about Jon Hamm’s recent public struggle with alcoholism, lauding the "brilliantly, brilliantly talented actor" for his "Shakesperian" monologues in Mad Men’s early seasons. He’s "also a gentleman," said Batt, explaining a story about an afterparty where people got fed up with a girl who had had too much to drink. "Jon said, ‘Don’t embarrass her anymore than she’s embarrassed herself. Let me walk her to the elevator, take her down, and put her in my car and send her home.’ And he did. He’s the star of the show, and here he is taking the time out to help this girl that’s making an ass out of herself. He really is a stand-up gentleman. And you don’t find that that much."
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/26/mad-men-stars-say-goodbye-jon-hamm
How hot is Mad Men’s Jon Hamm in real life!
Laughs] You know, he is hysterical and very funny. He has hosted Saturday Night Live a few times and just knocks it out of the park every time. He is dashingly handsome and sexy and all that, but he is also just a stand-up good guy. He’s a gentleman and a good man. It’s so different to his character of Don Draper. Jon is the coolest person I know.
http://marcandrewsblog.blogspot.fr/2011/07/interview-mad-mens-bryan-batt.html

                                     
Why do you think women are so obsessed with the character of Don Draper ? I mean, no woman should want to be with him in real life. He cheats on his wife and hits her and lies! I don’t get what anyone sees in him.
I agree with you! There are a lot of people like that. It’s like, I guess, J.R. on "Dallas." It’s the one you love to hate. He’s the quintessential bad boy and a lot of women are attracted to that. You put an actor as Jon Hamm in that role — who is just innately charming, innately handsome, breath-takingly handsome …. When I saw him for the first time when we started filming the pilot I thought, ‘Oh, OK. Now I get it. I totally get it. He’s perfect.’ He just gave this perfect performance and I thought, ‘If this [show takes off], this man is going to be a big star.’ He has it all. He has the looks, the immense talent and on top of it he’s, like, a really good guy. And he’s funny, too! You put someone with those qualities in this kind of bad boy role and those qualities I think are going to come out no matter what. People are going to be attracted to the look, the talent, the wit — not necessarily the behavior. We’ve also become a little bit desensitized to bad behavior. But Don is pretty charming!
http://www.thefrisky.com/2010-09-15/frisky-qa-bryan-batt-who-plays-sal-on-mad-men/
Q. You have one season under your belt. What has it been like?
A. "It’s amazing. It’s such a thrilling experience. We knew when we filmed the pilot we had something special. The cast is amazing. Jon Hamm is such a strong actor and also a nice guy. It’s such an incredible cast. It’s the first series for AMC, that they have produced, and it’s gotten such great notice. We could not be happier."
                                     
7. What was the best part about being on AMC's Mad Men? The scripts, the cinematography, editing, costumes, sets, design….and our fabulous cast…I loved every minute! Also at the SAG awards, I literally bumped into Meryl Streep and she said "I love you on Mad Men, my husband and I watch every Sunday"…bucket list full.

No comments:

Post a Comment