Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tina Fey and Hamm

  
 
Jon Hamm honors Tina Fey (Korean sub)
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnqKTkNPcYI

  
 
TINA FEY: A lot of times when we’re writing we’ll have an actor in mind and we’ll keep referring to them. Like for this we said, “Then Hamm comes in, blah blah blah.” And I kept saying, You know, you guys, we probably aren’t going to get Jon Hamm. But we were lucky with the timing because Mad Men was on hiatus and he was hosting SNL. So I called over there and asked them [whispering], “Hey, is that guy funny? Tell me the truth.” And they were like, “Yes, he’s really funny.” By Saturday I knew they were right.
Finally, Fey told the panel that Jon Hamm had been a last-minute casting choice which came together thanks to the friendship between the two. “‘You get to play the worst person ever,'” she told him. “‘You get to play the part of a horrible monster.’ He did say ‘give me a night to think about it.'”
tina-fey-on-why-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-wouldnt-exist-without-ellie-kemper
MR:    When I met Tina Fey, she reminded me of, or I guess she had the vibe of, a serious person who works very hard. You know,  the high school student who was up till 2 a.m. studying and knows the material cold.
- JH:    My experience with Tina was, when I did my first "30 Rock," it was right after the election and so I was just like, “Wow, you must be thrilled right now because you don’t have to do Sarah Palin any more for the rest of your life.”  And she said, “Yeah, yeah.”  And then I said, “How are you even standing upright, much less know your lines, much less everything else?” Obviously she has a staff and she has people to help her.  But she’s got a 3-year-old at home.  It’s like, wait, what?
She’s living the dream, I think.  That’s her thing, she is excited to be that person.  And she is incredibly hard worker, she has an incredible work ethic, she does not suffer fools.  And I had a blast working with her, she was incredibly nice and very sweet.
JH: I don’t necessarily feel like it took a long time, but I don’t have any other paradigm to judge it against. I think you could kind of make a parallel argument with Tina Fey and the year she had last year. This sort of coming-out that she had, with 30 Rock and Sarah Palin and all that other stuff. But she’s been funny and beautiful for a very long time; it’s just now there are more people paying attention.
                      
We already know Tina Fey's a great writer and actor—what's she like as a smoocher?
- Ha! [visibly startled, God knows why] She's a lovely lady and a very nice woman and an incredible talent. It was really fun to do all the scenes with her, not just the kissing scenes.
Guess you liked, huh? You're def gambling your serious man status by appearing on 30 Rock. Is it fun to let your hair down on the silly sitcom? Literally and figuratively ?
- I haven't gotten a haircut since we wrapped Mad Men! That's why it's pretty shaggy right now. Rest assured in a few weeks it will be high and tight again in slicked-back mode.
http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/102325/jon-hamm-gambles-dishes-on-kissing-tina-fey
We’re still laughing at his Saturday Night Live appearances and recurring role on 30 Rock, where he plays Tina Fey’s impossibly handsome doctor neighbor.
Fey notes that “people were surprised to see how skilled he was at comedy. But, in fact, he’s a huge comedy nerd who loves to quote the movie Anchorman as much as we normal-looking people do.”
  
"I think it's all a huge joke that somehow Tina's played on me," he said, laughing. "I told [Tina] on stage, I said, 'I'm glad that you read my name, whatever it says on there.' " 
  
Hamm will get to go on stage at least once, as he's presenting with Tina Fey. He was reluctant to give anything away on that front.
"We have a little thing worked out, but it remains to be see if it's going to be funny or not," he offered. "But I left my hands in the very capable hands of Ms. Fey, and she's proven herself up to the challenge."
“He is the handsomest living human of the moment. I haven’t actually looked straight at him yet since he’s been here. I poked a hole in a paper plate and I look at him like that, like an eclipse.”
....And I went to 3 parties. That is 3 more parties that I’ve gone to in my whole life.
JIMMY: That’s true, you never partied that much.
TINA: Word of advice if you go to an Emmys party: don’t try to keep up with Jon Hamm. Don’t try to keep up drinking-wise with Don Draper. Because I went to the Mad Men party and had one glass of wine like a nice lady. Classy. And then I went to your party, which was super fun. And by that time I had put sneakers on under my dress, I was all business, and then I go; yeah, can I get a glass of wine at this party. And someone handed me like, a water tumbler full of white wine.
JIMMY: A small fish bowl of white wine.
TINA: Yeah, a goldfish bowl of white wine. Next thing I know I was dancing on the banquettes. And Poehler is like working her like temporary rack that she’s got. - I might get in trouble - And there were all these pictures, the next day, on the internet. I don’t remember anyone with a camera. Once again, I try to keep up with Hamm, it’s not a good idea.
 
Poehler That was a fun party. [Jon] Hamm and I threw that party to raise money for charity. Tina was invited in after she paid a hefty fine, to bring her disgusting Emmy into the room.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/movies/tina-fey
In 2003 GQ called Tina Fey “The thinking man's sex symbol.” Jon Hamm auditioned for the role of Jack Donaghy. He later appeared on the show as one of Liz's love interest....
...but the actress seems to be a big fan of the Mad Man star as well, calling him the "handsomest living human of the moment."
  
"MAD" MAN JON HAMM HITS "30"
 
 Playing to the female-heavy crowd, Fey reserved the bulk of her barbs for the men of the room.....
and repeatedly knocked friend Jon Hamm (on hand to introduce her) for being less her type than his Mad Men co-star John Slattery. The ribbing with Hamm went both ways.
"Of course, we’re not here just to celebrate Tina," said Hamm, whose intro doubled as PG roast. "We’re also here to celebrate an industry where someone as brilliant and beautiful as Tina Fey can end up on casting lists to play my mother." (Hamm, for the record, is 10 months Fey's junior.)
                                                 
Tina Fey Full Speech (Jon Hamm Opens) at Women in Entertainment 2016 | THR  
 
"Showing up to an event like this, Jon is literally putting himself in danger, Jon and I hadn't known each other long in 2009 when he kindly agreed to come to Washington D.C. to help present me the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor...My whole family was there. It was as a very special night.
"At the party afterwards my cousin came up to me and said, 'I just met Jon Hamm! And he is so handsome! But I have to say I kind of like it better when he's dressed like Don Draper.' And I said: 'Yeah, he actually doesn't do it for me at all. I really like John Slattery is kind of more my deal.' At which point I heard a little voice over my shoulder say 'I can f--king hear you." And it was Jon! And yet, here he is! Giving me another award!"
"I don't know what to tell you, buddy. You can keep showing up at these things, but I just don't like you like that!...I'm Team Slatts and you can't stand it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment