Thursday, May 5, 2016

Rob Huebel about Hamm

As for not nabbing the part of Draper, Rob Huebel has no illusions that he should have been cast instead of Jon Hamm. "The show would've gotten cancelled probably after six episodes," he says
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3054481/transparent-star-rob-huebel-on-how-blending-comedy-and-drama-is-the-new-normal
                                                   http://aboutactorjonhamm.blogspot.fr/

What is the role you wish you got toplay in your life ?
Don Draper, I auditionned for it , didn’t get it , jon hamm is pretty handsome, good jon jon hamm
I auditioned to be Don Draper in Mad Men. That was one that really broke my heart because, when I was growing up, I always wanted to work in advertising. Like I just thought that that would be the coolest, most fun job. Even when I first moved to New York, I kinda wanted to work in advertising still, and I never did. Anyway, when I found out about that show, I was like, "Oh man, I gotta get this show." It’s not a comedy at all, but I was like, "All right. I can do a drama. I’ll drama it up. I’ll wear suits." I remember I was super-prepared for the audition. Some comedy auditions, you go into it and think, if it’s a comedy, "Well, I’ll improvise and stuff. Maybe come up with a couple of my own jokes and throw those in." But for a drama, you don’t really do that. You know, someone took a lot of time to write that, and they’re very serious about it.
So, I went in super prepared, and Don Draper gives this whole big monologue about what advertising really is, what it really is that they’re doing. And it was really great. It was a really cool speech, where you’re kind of like, "Fuck yeah, America! Yes! Let’s go buy some stuff." And I got all dressed up and wore a suit and went in. And I did it, and I remember whoever it was auditioning me, I don’t think Matt Weiner was there, I don’t remember. Whoever was casting it was like "All right!" They were really into it, and they had me do it a couple times. And I left there, thinking that I really nailed it. I was really like, "Look out! Here comes Don Draper!" And then I never heard anything, never heard anything, never heard anything. And I thought, ‘Well, I’m sure that show got cancelled. Never even got off the ground. Bunch of dicks, they should have cast me. Serves them right.’ Then, of course, it came on with Jon Hamm, and I was like, "Oh! Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. He’s way better. Yeah, he should do that." Because he’s so great in it. He really is that guy. I’m not sure that I could have — he’s so handsome. I think I would have been too intimidated to be married to January Jones. I don’t know that I could have pulled it off. I would have just been walking around with a boner the whole time when January Jones was onset. I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
Yeah, I don't know if that show would have been as popular if Don Draper had a boner the entire time.Yeah, it seems like it would have been less popular if every time they cut to Don Draper, he has a huge boner. He has a 1960s boner
http://splitsider.com/2012/08/lost-roles-interview-with-rob-huebel/

No comments:

Post a Comment