Thursday, May 5, 2016

They mention Jon Hamm

                                             http://aboutactorjonhamm.blogspot.fr/
Amy PoehlerAmy confided her secret adoration for Mad Men’s Don Draper at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences 19th Annual Hall of Fame Induction gala in LA Jan. 20. “I think that [he] is something really special!” she confided to HollywoodLife.com exclusively, before gushing that she was over the moon about Mad Men’s Best TV Drama Golden Globe win on Sunday.
http://hollywoodlife.com/2010/01/22/amy-poehler-do-you-have-a-secret-crush-on-jon-hamm/
...............................
Don Draper has a way with women in real life, too, it seems. Hamm was the host of Saturday Night Live the week Poehler gave birth to son Archie, and was in rehearsal with her when she found out her OB/GYN had died suddenly of a heart attack. When Poehler panicked, Hamm came to the rescue, putting an arm around her and saying, "I know this is very sad, but this is a really important show for me, so I'm going to need you to get your shit together." Writes Poehler, "This made me laugh so hard I think I peed."
https://www.bustle.com/articles/46005-amy-poehlers-yes-please-is-full-of-celebrity-surprises


 actor Josh Malina
“Backwash” hopes to follow in their online footsteps –- especially when you have a he-man like Jon Hamm involved. “I sort of had a little man crush on him,” admits Malina. (Jon Stewart also admitted that to Hamm recently on “The Daily Show, so Malina’s in good company). Sarah Silverman has a poker night and Jon was there. I’m not one to ask people ‘Hey you wanna be in my show’ but he was so nice and so hot …and to make matters worse, after we finished playing, there he was, sweeping up! That really sealed the deal.”
 
 
author and illustrator, Shirley Hughes
My secret crush… Jon Hamm in Mad Men. Those sharp suits, my God. Thrilling.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-shirley-hughes-85

actor Rob Delaney
When Sharon jokes about fantasizing about Jon Hamm, Rob has a quick retort. He says Hamm’s teeth are too mall. We hadn’t heard about any criticism about Hamm’s teeth, and wondered if this was a meme somewhere. It’s not. Delaney made it up, and he doesn’t even believe it himself.
“I think the character of Rob is just trying to divert some attention away from a heartthrob back to himself,” he said. “He fixates on the teeth for some reason, just because I think details are funny. There’s nothing wrong with Jon Hamm. I often fantasize about him. I’m in love with him.”
http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/catastrophes-rob-delaney-is-in-love-with-jon-hamm
 
actress Kim Dickens
On whom do you have an acting crush?
Amy Poehler and Jon Hamm. They just bring me so much joy to watch.
http://www.backstage.com/interview/7-questions-with-kim

artist Matthew Zaremba
There’s a movie now that is coming up based off one of your drawings. If there was a movie about your life, which actor would portray Matthew Zaremba?
- I think I’d prefer it to be some sort of Pixar joint or something and I’d just do the voice. When Mad Men was on sometimes people would say I looked like Don Draper (Jon Hamm). That character was interesting to me and he nailed it. I feel like he would do a good job but he’s also like 12 years older so I don’t know if that’d work. Let’s just go with the animated version yeah?
http://bitchslapmag.com/2016/art/matthew-zaremba-interview/
 
 
actor Damian Lewis
What role on TV, recently, do you wish you’d got?
Don Draper in Mad Men. I’ve got a little bit of a man-crush on him.
http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/interviewextra/damian-lewis-homeland
Mad Men. I watch endless episodes when I should be working
http://www.womanandhome.com/news-and-Entertainment

 
 

actress Zoe Boyle
Q. Was that one of the things that attracted you most to the script when you read it?
Zoe Boyle: I shouldn’t mention Mad Men, especially as so many people are calling it the British Mad Men because it’s not, but having said that, I am a massive fan of Mad Men and that whole stylishness that comes with setting something in the ‘60s. I have to admit, when I first got sent the script and had it described as a medical drama, I thought: “Oh whatever, it’s a medical drama… boring
http://www.indielondon.co.uk/TV-Review/breathless-zoe-boyle-interview-exclusive


 
Mark Oliver Everett - band Eels,
How did you end up on the show?
Y'know, I'm not entirely sure how I ended up in it. A couple years ago at an Eels concert, I met the guys who play Roger Sterling and Don Draper on Mad Men [John Slattery and Jon Hamm]. We met them backstage, which was really exciting for me as a big Mad Men fan. I hung out with Jon Hamm a few times, and I got to go to the Mad Men set and saw John Slattery there. And then years later, I just got a random text out of the blue from John Slattery, who I'd never gotten a text from before, that said, "Hey, we'd love to have you in this thing we're shooting." I hadn't heard anything about it, nobody had called me or anything, so I didn't know what he was talking about. He was like, "Oh, it's a party and everyone's gonna sing 'Jet.'" I was like, "Ah, okay, that sounds fun. I'll do it." He's an awesome guy, and it's just fun to be around Roger Sterling, for god's sake.
http://www.fuse.tv/2016/03/e-eels-interview-mark-oliver-everett-netflix-love

Sarah Silvermann
"I watch Mad Men and I cannot fucking believe that's Jon," Silverman says. "Suddenly you see him as this sexy, brooding person, and this is the same guy who, like, played a cable guy on [The Sarah Silverman Program], wearing a patch on his uniform in words just small enough so you can't see it saying: `Eating all the pussy since '93.' He has that ridiculous sense of humor that we like to employ, a chasing-the-giggle kind of fun that's dark and weird."
http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a10377/jon-hamm-339225/
..........................................
The comedian recently relayed an anecdote for Mad Men's tribute series, saying that Jon Hamm had suggested she read for a "Jewish department store owner" (Rachel Menken, whom Don has an affair with in season one). Silverman declined, busy with her own show at the time, though she now acknowledges, "I blew that."
TV host Stéphanie Bauer
Those are the exchanges I love. I always say I am just a fan with a microphone, so my most enjoyable interviews are always with the stars that I love as a viewer. Jon Hamm from 'Mad Men' (who is JUST as charming as Don Draper, of course), the entire cast of 'Breaking Bad,' and legends like Dick Van Dyke are truly my most fulfilling interviews. Oh, and Blake Shelton is just the best- so funny!
http://stephaniebauertv.com/ama
Neal Brennan
The first episode debates the current state of TV—do you think it’s the new golden age, or a sludge of scripted reality awfulness?
I think it’s like a high/low thing. Shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, they’re amazing, but there’s something to the popularity of shows like Survivor or Top Chef—it’s riveting to watch real people become TV stars overnight........

There’s definitely something fascinating, especially with shows like American Idol, when you see people lining up for autographs, and you think, “You didn’t even know who this person was last week.”
It’s like watching someone buy a lottery ticket and then, as the numbers are being read, realizing, oh wait, they might win the lottery right in front of me. There’s something cool about it. But it’s certainly reaching its peak. Every year that a bachelorette can say, “I’m looking for love” and have a straight face—that’s some of the greatest acting on television! Like, John Hamm can eat a dick. The bachelor saying, “I’m looking to find my wife”—no one else should even be nominated!
https://www.timeout.com/newyork/comedy/neal-brennan-interview
author Zoe Foster
Who is your celebrity crush ?
Don Draper. Not Jon Hamm. Just as he is . Dreamy .
http://www.sassisamblog.com/2009/12/17/interview-zoe-foster-textbook-romance/
celebrity groomer, Diana Schmidtke, who helped the Mad Men star get red carpet ready for the Emmys
What’s Jon like to work with before an awards show?
“Jon is very laid-back; working with him is like hanging out with your buddy. It is a delight to work with him. He is extremely talented, and one of the kindest people I have ever met in Hollywood. His sense of humor is also out of this world.”
http://parade.com/332375/erinhill/a-celebrity-groomer
actor Arturo Castro
AC: I’ve actually adopted the namaste in my real life. I met Jon Hamm yesterday—it was random, I was just at a dinner and I met him. As he was leaving, I was like, “Alright, great, great, namaste.”
https://hiplatina.com/interview-with-broad-citys-arturo-castro-part-1/
Comedy Bang! Bang! host Scott Aukerman.
"He was just this goofy dude with a funny sense of humor who kept being on these failed TV shows. "The surprise to me was how good of a dramatic actor he was. The guy I recognize personally is the Jon Hamm of Bridesmaids and SNL. The guy I don’t recognize is Don Draper."
"He’s really good at doing bits," says Seth Meyers, describing the ability, much prized by comedians, to seamlessly riff offstage (or, as Meyers explains it, not having to constantly ask, "Wait, are you being serious right now?"). Meyers was SNL’s head writer when Hamm first appeared on the show and didn’t know what to expect from his guest host. "As soon as you start talking to Jon, you realize he speaks in the terminology of comedy," he says. And he’s got good instincts: For "Jon Hamm’s John Ham," which Meyers calls "one of the dumbest sketches I ever wrote" (it was an ad for deli meat to be eaten on the toilet), the actor grasped immediately that it would only work delivered absolutely straight. "He has an ability to give it a Leslie Nielsen-type quality. He can play something with no awareness when that’s what’s required,"
  
Allan Cubitt 
I can see the notion that it glamorises Spector but I think it’s much more insidious if the character is seductive. I think The Sopranos is probably the best piece of television ever made. James Gandolfini gives an incredibly nuanced portrait of a murderer, sociopath and psychopath – and it is fascinating to watch. I also think Don Draper is the psychopath in the suit. One reason he gets away with so much is because he is good looking.
author Jo Myles
My favourite TV show at the moment would have to be Mad Men. Not only is it superbly written with a wonderfully talented cast, but it gives a fascinating window into a bygone era when women were just starting to make waves in the workplace. Also, I am hopelessly in love with Don Draper and Peggy Olsen...
http://barbaraelsborg.blogspot.fr/2012/01/interview-with-fabulous-jo-myles.html
actress Dana Delaney
"Bryan Cranston won, which is great, but I really wanted Jon Hamm to win, so I could kiss him." Desperate Housewives star Dana Delaney was hoping to smooch the Mad Men star at the 2009 Emmy Awards. She announced the winner of the Best Actor in a Drama category.
Moira Macdonald, movie critic at The Seattle Times
Jon Hamm (2010). Hmm, I have no idea why this one is first; maybe because Hamm was quite possibly the nicest, most down-to-earth-and-not-full-of-himself actor I’ve ever interviewed. And the guy’s not bad-looking either. We talked about “The Town” (the film he came to Toronto with), as well as, of course, “Mad Men.”
http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/movies/as-pp-takes-a-break-some-favorite-interviews/
musician Dean Tartaglia
You've said you were surprised how down to earth and professional Jack Black was, any good stories from the road?
There were fun little stories like eating pizza with Jon Hamm back stage in LA, and not knowing who he was because I hadn't started watching Mad Men yet (I'm on season 3 now). And one night in Germany, Tenacious D's tour manager Joe Beebe (also Dave Grohl's guitar tech, and an amazingly awesome person) gave me 12 back stage passes to bring back "hot chicks"........
http://www.toledo.com/news/2012/12/11/listen-up-toledo/roaring-with-the-silent-lions
Seth Meyers
What’s an idea that you came up with at 2 a.m.?
- I wrote a scene for Jon Hamm, called Jon Hamm’s John Ham, which is about a ham you can eat while going to the bathroom.
Favorite guest host?
There are so many great guest hosts. Obviously someone like Justin Timberlake–he’s come back I think it’s three times .He’s an exceptional host. The multi-time hosts are some of the great ones in recent years. People like James Franco, Jon Hamm and Justin Timberlake are some of my favorite.
https://bucknellian.blogs.bucknell.edu/2010/09/14/seth-meyers/
  
Jimmy Fallon
Question: Are you getting a lot of tweets already from people suggesting introductions for presenters?
Jimmy Fallon: Yes, they're starting to come in already.........If you go to that [site], it’ll give you a list of presenters that you could possibly write the intro for. So for example if it's Jon Hamm, you could be sitting in your apartment watching the Emmys and say "My grandmother wants to leave my grandfather for Jon Hamm" or something like that. I didn't even think about this. Jon Hamm himself could tweet in and say "This man is bigger than Jesus."
 http://www.tvtango.com/news/detail/id/248/emmy-awards-preview-interview
Interviewer Tom Chiarella
There are myths, which I can dispel. People always ask me: How many minutes of your life have you spent waiting for celebrities to show up? The presumption is that athletes and movie stars are always late, that they are sloppy with their time or their attention. Not so. I even know the answer in minutes: 66. Tom Brady kept me lingering in the driveway of his house, in front of a locked fence, for 32 minutes before coming out to grant me a 45-minute interview on the way to a golf course. He’s the only celebrity who ever held me up in this way. Two weeks later he did it again in New York, when he was 34 minutes late for a follow-up interview, which he also confined to a limo. The whole thing was an afterthought to him. I have nothing nice to say about the guy. So: 66 minutes. Ryan Gosling? Spot on time. Same with Halle Berry, Charlize Theron, Ben Affleck. They arrived as the second hand swept past the 12 at our appointed hour. Well, I should note that Jon Hamm made me wait on his porch in L.A. before he opened the door. Five minutes. That was an endless expanse. Panic sprang up in my chest. I figured I was at the wrong house. I sat on the top step and called my editor, on a Saturday. But then the door pulled back, and there was Don Draper, hopping around on one foot, slipping on his golf shoes. He’d been fixing something in his basement. He apologized three times. Totally forgivable. So: 71 minutes total......
.....
Still, I know how that sounds. I’m a guy who has tooled around in a Corvette with Ryan Gosling, played golf with Jon Hamm, gone swimming with Halle Berry. I have an interesting life....
http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/longform/celebrity-profiler-tom-chiarella-in-his-own-words/
Julie Parker
What turns you on?
You mean besides Jon Hamm as Don Draper in Mad Men in those vintage suits and come hither stare? Besides that? Ummmmm…. I’ll get back to you!
http://tarabliss.com.au/such-different-vixens-julie-parker/
Kevin Smith
Our conversation somehow drifts into Mad Men, a show we both love. It goes on for awhile.)
I'm telling you -- I mean, I ain't saying anything nobody else has said, everybody loves that show -- but it is astoundingly good.
Oh, I know!
This, I think, is the highest compliment you can pay it: It absolutely fills the void left by The Sopranos. I'm from Jersey, it's in my DNA, I have to love The Sopranos. But Matt Weiner, he came from that world -- he was from The Sopranos -- that motherf---er learned well. He took what he learned went out and made a show that could stand shoulder to shoulder with that show. It's amazing. The cast is so ... Jon Hamm! Tell me that dude shouldn't play f---ing Batman and Superman.
He totally could.
Both. Same movie. Pay the dude $20 million, let him play both parts. The novelty alone would bring people to see it. Plus, he's a good actor. And he's good-looking.

.....................................................................................
Case in point: Our conversation about the “Mad Men” television series (he’s a big fan, I haven’t seen an episode yet—but intend to) and actor Jon Hamm, who stars in the series. Regular readers know Hamm’s name has a habit of popping up whenever we discuss casting comic book characters (most recently, Captain America, Green Lantern and “Fear Agent” Heath Huston), but Smith offered up an even more interesting role for the “Mad Men” actor—two roles, in fact.
That dude could play Batman and Superman,” said Smith. “That’s the weird thing. You look at him and he’s got a f—ing Superman look, but he’s got a Batman thing going on, too.”
“A few years ago, they were like, ’Let’s do that Batman/Superman movie,'” he continued. “Do it. Hire that mother f—er to play both roles. … He could pull it off. I’d buy it.”
According to Smith, Hamm’s role on the show as Don Draper, creative director of the Sterling Cooper advertising agency, is already a Batman/Bruce Wayne of sorts anyways—so giving him the cape and cowl wouldn’t be much of a stretch.
He’s always brooding on that show. He comes off like Bruce Wayne,” said Smith. “That voice of his—the Don Draper voice—that’s f—ing Batman!”
If you were in an alley and that motherf—er Jon Hamm was wearing that outfit and came up to you and he was like, ’Gimme a cigarette,’ you’d be like, ’Oh my god, I’m going to give up crime… and living!” he laughed.
Think Smith is on to something with Hamm and Batman… and Superman? Let us know what you think in the comment section
http://www.mtv.com/news/2595185/kevin-smith-says-mad-men-actor-jon-hamm-should-play-batman-and-superman-too/
actor Courtney B.Vance 
“I became a huge fan of Jon Hamm’s when I got the DVD collection of Mad Men. I was so locked in, I couldn’t even move. So to get the two of these leading men together was very, very cool.”
photograph Jeff Lipsky
JB: Let’s go with one more question about the celebrities, because I admit I’m curious. Do you watch "Mad Men?"
JL: A little bit. Yes.

JB: Well, I’m a season behind, and hopefully no one will spoil it for me, but I’ve always been amazed with Jon Hamm’s performance in the show. I don’t think he gets enough credit for how good he is. 
His physicality as an actor is amazing. The way he manipulates his facial muscles and posture as Don Draper, so terribly tense. It’s totally different than when he switches character to Dick Whitman. Everything about the way he holds his jaw, and his cheek muscles. Everything changes. It’s the epitome of art, to watch the physical manifestations of his talent I know this is a long question, but because you’ve shot him, I thought you might have some insight into that skill set he has. Maybe he brings it with him to a photo shoot? Or maybe he doesn’t? I was curious about your observations.

JLThe thing about Jon is he can sometimes appear to be goofy. He’s such a good-looking guy, and he is easy to photograph, but he is kind of goofy. Some of the frames I’ll go through, you’ll see the goofiness he has, when you want him to be looking serious.
He’s so playful that in some sense, you’re not getting the frames that you really want. Like the picture on my website, where he’s laying back, in a jacket, looking over at me? We’re watching a World Cup soccer game, and he’s sitting on a bed in a really cool house.
He was talking about the World Cup, so I said, "It’s on right now. Kick back and watch." He started watching, and I said, "Jon, look over here." That’s the photo, because he’s so happy he gets to watch a few minutes of the World Cup.
actor Hudson Thames
CDM: You appeared on Season 6 of 'Mad Men' as Mitchell Rosen, what was it like working on that show?
HUDSON: It was really cool. Even though I was only working on the show for a small period of time, it was one of the craziest experiences ever because they’re so true to all the period work, that for two weeks up until the show, I was coming in and just trying different wigs everyday, just so every speck of everything was exactly to the period. And I got to work with Jon Hamm, who was super cool and nice to me - we just rode bikes around set all day, it was super surreal.
director Tom Scharpling
That’s kind of the same situation with Jon Hamm now. Almost everything he’s done outside of Mad Men has been kind of ridiculous comedy, but what makes those performances even funnier is that he’s so known for the Don Draper character.
When people are good, they are just good. They are versatile and they are smart to make adjustments. They can do more than just one tone. A talented person is a talented person.
actress Diane Kruger
Much as the blonde star was thrilled to the win the role, she knew it would be a challenge. Apart from anything, she realised people would judge the character in a much harsher way than they would have done if she'd been a man.
"Look at Jon Hamm's character on Mad Men - Don Draper is one of the most despicable characters you could ever find and yet because Jon Hamm is very handsome and charismatic, every woman thinks, 'Oh, he's so wonderful.' But if a woman played that kind of character, she would come in for a lot of resentment amongst audiences," she explained
actor Chris Pratt
The Guardians of the Galaxy actor then explained that the doctor wanted Faris, who was stabilized and monitored, to try to wait 30 days before having the child. Staying in the hospital, she kept busy with books, foot rubs from Pratt, and Mad Men DVDs. "Thank you, Jon Hamm," Pratt joked. "If we hadn't already named him Jack, we would have named him Jon Hamm."
Chris O'Dowd 
Glamour: Oh my god, you're killing me! [laughs] Ok, we are going to play a little game. I'm going to say the name of a co-star, and you tell me the first few words that come to mind to describe them.__
Jon Hamm: Sweet and sexy.
Glamour: Do you know Jon Hamm and I are both from St. Louis?
Chris: Is that right?!
Glamour: Yep!
Chris: He used to teach drama down at his old high school in St. Louis!
Glamour: Yep, at John Burroughs! And we're both big St. Louis Cardinals fans, and have some mutual friends among the team.
Chris: Aww, that's cool! He's a great guy.
Glamour: Yes, he is. Great guy. Ok, back to our little game

Bryan Cranston 
On how his unremarkable appearance is an acting asset
I have a very fortunate look for an actor. You can't really categorize me. My looks aren't striking, so therefore I'm more capable of sliding into looking like other people, more chameleon-like, as opposed to, let's say, Jon Hamm, who is this handsome, striking, black-haired, chiseled-looking guy. That's great for Jon, and he's a friend and I love him, but I don't know that you would buy him as Walter White. He would have to fight against his looks in order to do that. So there's a larger range of roles that are available to me than are available to Jon Hamm, simply because of physicality. And I love that.
actor Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels) 
EW: What’s some great advice you’ve gotten in Hollywood?
Anson Mount: My first Emmys party, I was introduced to Jon Hamm. I had just started doing Hell on Wheels, and I said, "Hey, man, do you mind if we talk?" "About working with AMC?" "No, just kinda about the whole thing." He said, "Oh, okay." So we go and bum a couple of cigarettes from Aaron Paul, and Jon says, "So, what I keep saying to myself is, ‘Why not me?’" I was like, "What do you mean?" He said, "Well, I grew up with this guy whose father was a professional baseball player, and then he got really into golf, and we would go golf with him sometimes. We were on this one hole, and I’m like an 8-iron shot away from the hole, and his father’s up on the green and says, ‘Put the ball right here,’ and points to this exact spot on the green. And I said, ‘Yeah, right.’ And he got really mad. And he said, ‘Why not you? Why not you? If not you? Somebody else. Why not you?’" So Jon said to himself, "Why not me?" And he hit the ball exactly where the guy had been pointing. So going through this whole craziness of work and fame, his mantra, I guess, has been "Why not me?"
So I was handed a mantra by Jon Ham, I guess. A koan, as they say, in Buddhism. Yes, Jon Hamm is my spiritual leader. [Laughs] I don’t know if he even remembers it. Now, I see him at events and he’s like, "Oh, hey, man." I must have really freaked him out. I must have been really needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment