Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2020 - news - Jon Hamm

https://aboutactorjonhamm.blogspot.com/2020/08/august-2020-news-jon-hamm.html
Michelle Obama and Ann Romney will be part of an ABC Special titled “VOMO: Vote or Miss Out,” which is scheduled to air next week, September 14. Actor and comedian Kevin Hart will be hosting the special, which is described as a non-partisan feature...
Several celebrities will also be appearing on the show including Will Ferrell, Whitney Cummings, Jon Hamm, Tiffany Haddish, Scarlett Johansson, and radio personality Charlamagne tha God.
Jon Hamm Reads Brett Hadley: Giving Day 2020

   


VOMO ft. Larry David and Jon Hamm
https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1523415531188572/

Hamm also talks to TODAY about working with Tom Cruise in “Top Gun: Maverick” as well as plans for an upcoming remake of “Fletch.”
https://www.today.com/video/jon-hamm-talks-about-his-virtual-hangout-and-top-gun-maverick-91879493641
Jon Hamm Chats St. Louis Theatre Sustainment Fund Contest And More

https://twitter.com/ChalkNetwork/status/1307703833246785538

The Oral History of ‘The Town’
Ten years ago this week, Ben Affleck and his crew put on nun masks, robbed Fenway Park, and made the ultimate Boston movie. This is their story.
......
Jon Hamm (FBI special agent Adam Frawley): I knew he had some serious Boston cred. So I read this new version of the script. First of all, it was about 20 pages shorter. The story was much clearer and cleaner. It just read like a good old-fashioned, kind of ’70s cop movie, where the good guys are the bad guys and the bad guys are the good guys.
....
Hamm: I got to meet Pete Postlewaite, rest in peace, at the hotel bar. There’s like four people in the whole bar, which is a huge bar. I look over and it’s Pete, and he’s having his breakfast, and he’s reading the paper, and I hadn’t met him before because I didn’t have any scenes with him. But I certainly was familiar with his work. And I just came over to him and I was biting my tongue. There’s two ways that this can go. It can be a terrible experience, meaning you can interrupt somebody when they’re trying to have a nice moment, or they can be pleasant. I said, “I’m so sorry to bother you Mr. Postlethwaite, but I’m on the movie, sorry we don’t have any scenes together, but I’m so excited to be in a movie with you.” I gushed for a while, and he just smiled as broad as he could, and he’s like, “Come on, come on, sit down, have a drink.” I was like, “Well, it’s 11 in the morning.”
......
Affleck: With Jeremy Renner, somebody said to me, “There’s this guy, he’s got this movie coming out that you should see, it’s supposed to be really good. It’s called The Hurt Locker.” The only thing that I had seen of him was the Jeffrey Dahmer movie, which couldn’t have been more different from what I wanted.

Hamm: I had also seen Dahmer. And I was like, “Who the hell is this guy? He’s crazy.” He’s from Modesto, and he’s kind of got that bulldog, kind of dirtbag sensibility.
........
Affleck: Jeremy came in and was just awesome. He had the beginnings of the accent, clearly he had the ability to do it—a bad Boston accent would ruin that part. And he read and blew me away.

Hamm: It was impressive. He was able to hold his own with a lot of those dudes who are the real deal.
.......................
Hamm: He is a favorite son of Boston for a very good reason. I could tell it was hard on Ben because literally going out to dinner was not really an option.
.....................
Hamm: We could all go, hang out at the bar; me and Rebecca, and Renner, and Titus, that whole crowd. You’ve got nothing to do, it’s like, “Let’s go try out an awesome restaurant.” I felt bad that Ben didn’t get to have that experience.
...................
Hamm: Another smart move by Ben was to populate this movie with people that have an actual, real-life connection to these things. We had bank robbers, we had career criminals, people that couldn’t show up certain days because they’d be violating their parole.
.........
Hamm: I met with Ben and he was like, “You know, I think we’re gonna have plenty of Boston accents in this.” I was like, “You know what, you’re absolutely right.” Once I started meeting all the Federal agents in the [FBI] office, very few of them are actually from Boston. You definitely get more of that in BPD and the local cops. The feds, they get shuffled around all over the country. The guy that I spoke with, who was kind of our head technical adviser from the FBI, was from Nebraska. The only time I attempt it is when I’m basically making fun of Ben, his character, about the Stah Mahket.
................
Hamm: We had this 15-day stretch where we had to shoot at Fenway.
....................
Hamm: There’s nothing weirder than an empty stadium. Especially when you’re in a park that’s not open to the public. So we had access to all of the underneath [of it], because that’s where we shot a lot of it. It was wild. It definitely felt like, I’m getting to see something that not a lot of people get to see.
..................
Hamm: It was an ambitious shoot and it was pulled off without a hitch. And to that end, it’s 100 percent on Ben. He was the leader that he is.
............
director Paul Feig
Glamour: What was it like shooting sex scenes with Kristen Wiig and Jon Hamm?
Feig: In my career, I have had to shoot sex scenes occasionally, and it’s my least favorite thing to do. I’m just so uncomfortable with it and I feel so bad for everybody, including myself. But we knew we wanted to shoot this movie out of a cannon and we thought, “What a funny way to open a movie, with just, like, an insane sex scene!” Jon Hamm and Kristen are so funny that we said, “Let’s not look at this as a sex scene, let’s look at this as a fight scene.” That’s what it is, a professional wrestling scene. Shooting it, we just had this camera crane going around like, “Next position! Next position!” It was like this big action scene. There’s nothing sexy about that scene at all, and that’s what made it so fun.
https://twitter.com/PPGreatPlains/status/1310283422884155394

Steven Soderbergh has commenced production on his latest film No Sudden Move (f.k.a Kill Switch), a crime thriller that is being produced under his recently formed overall deal with HBO Max.  The starry cast ensemble includes Don Cheadle, Benicio Del Toro, David Harbour, Amy Seimetz, Jon Hamm , Ray Liotta , Kieran Culkin , Brendan Fraser , Noah Jupe , Bill Duke , Frankie Shaw , and Julia Fox .

Written by Ed Solomon, the film is set in 1955 Detroit and centers on a group of small-time criminals who are hired to steal what they think is a simple document. When their plan goes horribly wrong, their search for who hired them – and for what ultimate purpose – weaves them through all echelons of the race-torn, rapidly changing city.
.....
Casey Silver is producing the HBO Max and Warner Bros. Pictures film, which is shooting on-location under strict Covid-19 safety protocols in Detroit.

4 comments:

  1. Before anyone sends you that drivel in OK! Magazine, it's already been debunked by Gossip Cop: https://www.gossipcop.com/jon-hamm-opens-up-like-never-before-sobriety-love-and-loss/2554622?pv=related_list

    ReplyDelete
  2. What source did you find the beach photos in? I've searched all over the Internet but can't find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait...they will be all over the net soon

      Delete
    2. No doubt. I am so confused by whatever their "thing" is, though. No PDA ... and where is Splash?

      You always have the best sources!

      Delete